Digga Sponsorship - Nick Morris Racing
Young Australian Nick Morris has enjoyed an astounding amount of success since he appeared on the UK scene three years ago. Since 2010 he has helped rake in not one, but at least three pieces of league-racing silverware at National, Premier, and Elite League levels! His taste for a trophy or two first began back home in Australia. It's no wonder clubs across Britain are tripping over each other to sign him every year... Success seems to follow him wherever he goes! Read more about Nick in our news section.
Nick Morris - Profile
Date of birth: 7 June 1994
Place of birth: Canberra, Australian Capital Territory, Australia.
British career: (2010) National League Buxton, Premier League Glasgow; (2011) PL Glasgow, EL Coventry; (2012) Swindon, Scunthorpe; (2013) Somerset, Swindon; (2013) Premier League Knock-Out Cup Champion, Somerset Rebels.
Major honours: Queensland Under-16 Champion: 2008/09, 2009/10; New South Wales Under-16 Champion: 2009/10. Placed in Australian 125 and 350cc Speedway Championships at Under 16 level.
Club honours: League Championship winner: 2010 [Buxton], 2011 [Glasgow], 2012 [Swindon, Scunthorpe]
- Runner-up in Australian Under-16 Championship (2008/09 Australian Season)
- Won Queensland Under-16 State title (2008/09 Australian Season)
- Arrived in the UK in August and rode several tracks in search of a team place for 2009 season
- Glasgow signed him for 2010 season
- Retained Queensland Under-16 State Championship (2009/10 Australian Season)
- Won New South Wales Under-16 State Championship (2009/10 Australian Season)
- Unable to ride in Premier League for Glasgow until 16 in June, is loaned out to Buxton
- Makes Glasgow debut shortly after his 16th Birthday
- Scored his first maximum for Tigers against Edinburgh in July, the 2nd youngest Glasgow rider (behind Mitch Shirra) to achieve this feat
- Wins Championship medal with Buxton
- Retained by Glasgow for 2011 season
- Wins Premier League Championship with Tigers, Glasgow also finish runners-up in KO Cup Final
- Joins Swindon on loan from Glasgow
- Rides for Australian Under-21 side that competes in semi-final at Lakeside
- Joins Scunthorpe mid-season in a double up capacity
- Is a member of Australian side that finishes 2nd in Under-21 World Cup in Poland
- Is a double Championship winner as both Swindon (EL) and Scunthorpe (PL) win their respective League titles
- Signed as a full Swindon asset in Nov
- Announced (on 6th Dec) that would be joining Somerset for 2013 season in double-up capacity with Swindon
- Riding for The Swindon Robins in the Elite
- Riding for Australian Under-21 team
- Riding for The Somerset Rebels in the Premier League